Skip to content
Effective communication is central to being a successful think tanks or advocacy group. It is a critical part of shaping policy and practice. To ensuring that research is relevant. That evidence and analysis gets to decision-makers when they need it, and how they need it.
Over eight modules, this course covers everything from audience mapping to podcasting. From design to social media. It provides practical examples of how to plan and execute communications strategies. Of what effective communication teams and processes look like. It teaches you what digital longform is, and why you should be thinking about it. It shows you how to take your events to the next level.
The aim of this course is to strengthen the communication teams, skills and activities of think tanks, research institutes or advocacy organisations. Through it, participants:
- Gain a solid understanding of the range of activities that can be undertaken by a communications team.
- Are able to assess their organisation’s current skillset and establish priority areas for improvement.
- Understand how to apply a range of communications channels and activities in a strategic way to achieve cut-through and impact.
- Have a grasp of the basic principles of design and how to apply them in brand implementation.
- Are better positioned to respond to a changing research communications landscape.
May 2, 2018 - June 17, 2018